Protected Tomorrows will continue to provide their free Parent University webinars. If you have time to listen to the prior classes while you are staying in place at home, consider this an opportunity to do some planning. They look forward to helping you move forward and making progress during difficult times.
Whether your family needs a little help or a lot, you can sign up for one webinar class or all nine. The webinar classes are FREE and will be held via Zoom. These are great offerings toward the path of transition for individuals with CdLS!
- Taking Care of Yourself and Your Family During These Stressful Times April 29, 2020 7:00-8:00pm CST
- Are you stressed about how to care for yourself as well as your family during COVID-19? While you are trying to work from home, how are you dealing with your children being around? And if your child has special needs, are you especially stressed by the lockdown and change in routine? Join a conversation focused on simple research based health and wellness solutions that prepare you for the challenges that parents and caregivers face today. A distinguished expert in the wellness industry, Shay Beider, founder of Integrative Touch for Kids, will help you stay at the forefront of the industry’s leading edge methods for caring for yourself right now. Prepare for the challenges facing parents today by maintaining core wellness without getting derailed from experiencing unknown and unexpected changes.
- Working through the Maze of Government Benefits May 21, 2020 7:00-8:00pm CST
- The maze of government benefits can be overwhelming. Let’s take one step at a time so that you can apply for those benefits you are eligible for, and become aware of what might change in the future. Families can play a big part in government benefits, and we might not even know it. Learn about the impact our parents, our spouses, and/or our children might have on our available government money.
- Taking Control of the Legal Mumbo Jumbo June 18, 2020 7:00-8:00pm CST
- Putting together legal documents is confusing. Legal “talk” sometimes intimidates us. But the real concepts are simple, and knowing what the legal “talk” means, how it applies to you and your family, and what you really need, is so important to the big picture of the future. Sometimes we need help. The level of help we need it often defined by the kinds of help we need. In this part of the session, let’s discuss all of the option that we might have and how to think about the realities of guardianship and conservatorship.
- The Recipe for Financial Success August 20, 2020 7:00-8:00pm CST
- There are a myriad of insurance plans to understand. Health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, long term care insurance – what to use, when? What makes sense? The ABLE account rules are so confusing, and you don’t want to make a mistake. We will review the basics of the ABLE account and how to select the right plan for you. How do we tie these accounts into the rest of our financial plan? Now that you have all the ingredients, what recipe to we use to make a true cohesive plan and have financial success?
- Your Child Is Aging Out – What Now? September 17, 2020 7:00-8:00pm CST
- Once your child is 22, they will start receiving social security. Now what? Where will your child live? Where will they work? Navigating the transition period can be overwhelming but also exciting. It’s not just about the place, it’s about the right home, continuing education, job opportunities, recreation, and the rest that makes life safe and fulfilling.
- Retirement Planning – A Family Affair October 15, 2020 7:00-8:00pm CST
- Saving for the long term, understanding all of the opportunities and pitfalls, and knowing how family coordinated plans are key to our success is not often discussed. Understand the questions to ask, the numbers to crunch, and the ways we need to work together in our planning to be successful.
- Progress Report / Goal Setting Time November 12, 2020 7:00-8:00pm CST
- A look at how the small steps you started out with this year are adding up to real progress in planning for your family’s future and to set your goals for the next year.