Since Foundation staff isn’t always accessible in an emergency, the following materials provide guidance to medical personnel during critical times.
The information on this page is intended for emergency personnel, hospital staff and specialists in the event an individual with CdLS is admitted to the hospital.
The following documents are also helpful in emergency situations:
- Letter for Medical Care Provider
- Treatment Protocols
- Best Practices Anesthetic and Airway Management for CdLS (Families)
- Best Practices Anesthetic and Airway Management for CdLS (Physicians)
- Female growth chart
- Male growth chart
- Understanding the Rare Disorder Community flyer
Medical Alert Card
Please fill out the CdLS Medical Alert Card to be prepared in the event of a medical emergency. By handing this document to emergency medical technicians or emergency room personnel, you save critical time.
For your child’s safety:
- Print the Medical Alert Card
- Keep a copy in your home; give one copy to your child’s school or care facility, and keep one copy with your child (in a backpack or carrying case)
- Be sure to update changes in medication/conditions/doctor information as needed
Got questions? We’ve got answers!
When you are in need of assistance, the Foundation’s Family Service Coordinators are here to help.