CdLS Foundation Webinar Series
The CdLS Foundation is proud to present it’s annual webinar series featuring talks from medical and educational professionals. Each hour long session will cover important topics including gastroenterology (GI), genetic testing, behavior and medication.
Each webinar will feature a professional and hosted by the CdLS Foundation’s Family Services staff.
Neurodevelopmental Disorders and Behavioral Management in Cornelia de Lange Syndrome (CdLS)
This webinar provided an overview of neurodevelopmental challenges, including approaches to treatment, in Cornelia de Lange syndrome (CdLS). Individuals with CdLS can be affected by a number of developmental disorders, including intellectual disability, autism spectrum disorder, language disorder, ADHD, aggression, repetitive self-injurious behaviors, anxiety, and depression. This webinar will discuss each of these domains as it relates to CdLS, as well as strategies for pharmacological intervention.
Presenter: Siddharth Srivastava, M.D.
How to Address Challenging Behaviors Webinar
This webinar will discuss:
• Impulse control
• Destruction of property
• Determining the appropriate consequences
• Treatment options (ABA, etc.) or professional resources for families
Presenter: Julia O’Connor, Ph.D.
Genetic Testing and CdLS
This webinar discussed:
- Clinical vs genetic testing
- Various gene mutations associated with CdLS
- Genetic testing that is available (including prenatally)
- What are the benefits of getting tested
- Are there different medical approaches to treatment for the various gene mutations