Planning on hosting on a virtual trivia fundraiser for Awareness Day? Use this helpful guide to have a smooth and fun night with friends and family.
4-6 Weeks Before Event:
- Choose a date and time for the event.
- Contact Annette Scheidecker to set up a fundraising page.
- Once any special guests are confirmed and the date and time are finalized, prepare the marketing materials for your event.
- You will need:
- Title of the event
- Description of the event (2-3 sentences)
- Date and time
- You will need:
- Set up a Zoom meeting. We recommend requiring registration, then using the registration form as your single RSVP form.
- Send a save-the-date by email, and share on social.
3 Weeks Out:
- Create a working doc to prepare a draft agenda/run-of-show for the event.
- Convene a planning meeting with everyone involved in planning the event, including those with speaking roles and Zoom Bouncers. Finalize the agenda and clarify speaking roles.
- Zoom Bouncers should also convene separately to:
- Ensure that account and meeting settings are correct
- Clarify who will have Host and Co-Host permissions
- Run through Zoombombing scenarios
- Continue promoting your event through personal 1:1 outreach and social media.
1 Week Out:
- Send another invitation email and continue with social media and personal recruitment.
1 Day Out:
- Send a reminder email the day before the event.
Day Of The Event
- Send reminder texts the morning of the event.
- Hosts and Co-Hosts must join the call at least 15 minutes early so that Hosts can designate Co-Hosts. If there will be screen sharing, ensure that Host is comfortable with that.
- When the official event begins, make sure to welcome people as they join, and thank them for joining.
- It’s showtime! Start about 2 minutes after the official start time so that folks have time to settle in.
- Don’t forget the ask! Share the Donately link directly and repeatedly with attendees in the Zoom chat box.
- And don’t forget to take a screenshot, or selfie with your screen—make sure you’re using Gallery View so you can see everyone.
- Then share it with us so we can amplify your work!
1-3 Days Later:
- Include the final total raised in a recap to all attendees to thank them for participating. Invite them to the next event on the calendar, and ask them to bring a friend!