CdLS Foundation Webinar Series: Navigating the Health Care System
April 11 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
So much of our ability to access medical and behavioral health care in the U.S. depends on a family’s health insurance. Whether your health coverage is offered by your employer, purchased on a health exchange, or includes Medicaid or Medicare, understanding health insurance is a challenge for just about everyone.
Making sure you make the best selection possible for your family, understand your benefits, and how to get the most from your health plan is even more important when someone has complex care needs. Join us for this interactive webinar to better understand
- The different kinds of health plans offered by employers or through the marketplace and how they may best meet your family’s needs
- What frequently used insurance terms mean.
- Who to ask for and how to get accurate information from your health plan
- How to advocate within your health plan, including the denial and appeal process
- What is Medicaid, how can it help, and how to learn to apply for Medicaid
- How long can my child remain on a parent’s insurance?
The webinar will be interactive, allowing for questions and conversation, so spaces are limited. Register now to attend!