The CdLS Multidisciplinary Clinic for Adolescents and Adults provides a comprehensive, day-long evaluation for individuals 12 or older with CdLS.
The Multidisciplinary Clinic occurs twice yearly at Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC) in Baltimore, MD. Foundation Medical Director Antonie Kline, M.D., director of Pediatric Genetics at the Harvey Institute for Human Genetics at GBMC, has led these free clinics since 2001.
Participants receive one-to-one consultations with specialists from:
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Internal Medicine
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Pediatric Ear, Nose and Throat
- Gastroenterology and Nutrition
- Child Psychiatry
- Behavioral Psychology
Any individual age 12 or older with CdLS can attend with their families. Clinics occur each spring and fall and can accommodate up to eight individuals. A Family Service Coordinator from the Foundation always attends to provide support. Our next clinic is Saturday April 12.
The goals of the clinic are:
- to provide a multidisciplinary comprehensive evaluation of the individual with CdLS;
- to formulate a treatment plan for the family to share with their medical professionals;
- to increase knowledge of CdLS in caregivers, providing strategies for handling the challenges their children face, and resources to call upon when needed; and
- to collect data that will help educate physicians about common medical issues in CdLS, trends and prevention.
I’m in awe of what you all did for us on Saturday... you created a special place where our children were the focus and in an environment that was not intimidating to any of us.
Center for CdLS and Related Diagnoses at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
At the Center for Cornelia de Lange Syndrome and Related Diagnoses, a team of specialists provides care to children and adults CdLS and related diagnoses.
The Center offers comprehensive evaluations each month to address medical issues common to the diagnosis and those based on the child’s history. For information on the Center, visit its web page (http://www.chop.edu/service/center-for-cornelia-de-lange-syndrome/home.html.)